Adra the shit housing association

A few months ago, I was told solar panels were being installed on the property. The landlord didn’t ask, just informed me. I figured they were free, so why not, and assumed they wouldn’t need much access to the house. Turns out they want to put a huge, ugly inverter inside, which really stands out in a small house without a utility room.  

Last week, scaffolding went up, and it’s been a nuisance. I think the housing association should have explained the process and benefits of the panels, but they didn’t. They got a grant, so we’re having them whether we like it or not. I could refuse, but since they’re free, they should at least have done a proper property assessment. Apparently, they don’t know much about the system, which is why they haven’t been around—so why apply for grants for something they clearly know little about?  

They refused to let the board be installed, but why are they calling the shots when they know nothing about the panels? I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them, especially after a few bad experiences already. The board is going up in the kitchen; it’s not ideal but better than the other option. I’ll ask if it’s possible to put it outside on the wall. I really don’t want the thing anywhere, but if I want the panels, I guess I need to compromise.  

I am not really bothered about the price of electricity anymore but it might be good to get some money off though I am not sure what I would spend it on. The service from the housing association has been shoddy to say the least but that is nothing new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn

Frustrating

football