pastry

I woke up early today, and sleep hasn’t been coming easily lately. I dozed off in a chair for a nap, probably because of the early start. I went to my cooking class and had to arrive an hour early due to the buses. This week, we worked on what the others did last week: shortbread and shortcrust pastry. I’ve tried making shortbread before, but there are useful tips you pick up when someone shows you, like cutting the butter into pieces to avoid warming it too much and refrigerating it. It’s probably all in the recipe, but it’s nice to be shown—even if you could watch it on YouTube.


While the shortbread was chilling, I moved on to the shortcrust pastry. I tried getting that breadcrumb consistency again, but it didn’t work. I ended up making more shortbread and had to restart the shortcrust pastry. I forgot the salt, so the taste will probably be flat. There’s a technique involving using a knife to cut the mixture, something about mixing it properly. I’m sure you can find it on YouTube, but it’s nice to be taught in person.


Those courses aren’t easy—they’re quite labor-intensive, with plenty of cleaning and washing up involved. I took my Ray-Ban smart glasses along; they were handy for timers, and I discovered today they can set reminders too. 

I am still using the smart glasses and have found out now they will remember a recipe and instructions so I only have to ask the glasses for any information I want regarding the recipe, which is like having an assistant with you and it saves me the hastle of looking for something in the print copy, 

I am sure I will discover more uses for these glasses over time, I read post on facebook regarding what others use them for, they maybe getting a bit of negative publicity due to some idiost abusing them but that will always be the case if people can abuse whatever they will do it just because they can, its just part of human nature to a twat now now and then I guess. 

I take vidos with the glasses something I have not done much of in the past, taking videos that is, its a lot more convenient than using a phone 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

march for independence

thursday

Autumn